Saturday, February 25, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

Stroganoff has to be one of my favorite food groups - beef, chicken - I love them both! My Mom makes the most amazing beef stroganoff. That was the most requested meal for my birthday dinners. This chicken stroganoff is equally good, and slightly easier, because you just throw everything in the crock pot and leave it for a couple of hours.


Ingredients

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
  • 1/8 cup margarine
  • 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup

Directions

  1. Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
  2. Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.




Follow as directed. You really can play around with this recipe and I haven't had it turn out bad yet! This time instead of cubed chicken breasts, I put whole frozen chicken tenders in instead. Then after it had cooked for a couple of hours, I used two forks and shredded them before adding the cream cheese/cream of chicken. Served over egg noodles, it was perfect! Full of flavor and creamy, sort of a combo between stroganoff and alfredo.


I am typing this as I wait for Whip It to load - we just got back from watching a girl's roller derby scrimmage in Jackson, and I'm feeling inspired! ;) I pointed out to Brean as we were leaving that I could probably do roller derby, as he tells me all the time that I just continue on my way and mow people over. I think he's slightly crazy, but maybe a little bit right. Now if only I had the skating ability to back it up.
It was really fun though to go to a sporting event! I haven't been to many since I was in high school watching my younger siblings play, usually hockey or volleyball. Can I just add that my butt HURT after sitting on those bleachers for a couple of hours??? I don't know how you sports mom's do it consistently! But back to the actual game - I loved the crowd, and the energy that is flowing, both by the players and the audience. You watch with baited breath, waiting for the play, and then cheer or groan based on the outcome. I've missed that. So now I need to go find a sports team that I can watch consistently, so I can get my cheer on! Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment