Saturday, August 11, 2012

Easy Shrimp Scampii

So, it seems to be a shrimp week. This has fast become one of my favorite recipes - it's so easy, and is probably is the best scampii that I have ever had. Win-win in my book! Plus, it's a Chaley original. :D Listening to One Direction station on Pandora, which just started playing Justin Beiber. Umm, no. Just no.

    Ingredients
1 pound pre-cooked shrimp, thawed (any size, I usually get the frozen ones)
1/4 cup olive oil
4 Tblspn butter
1/2 cup onion, diced
Minced garlic - a lot! (to taste - a couple of tablespoons)
1 cup white wine or chicken broth
1 package McCormick Garlic, Wine, and Herb marinade
Dash of lemon juice
1 box angel hair noodles
Salt and Pepper as needed, though it's pretty flavorful, so I say taste test first!

   Directions
1) Add oil and butter to a pan and heat on medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic, sauteing until onion is translucent.
2) Start water boiling for angel hair noodles. Add marinade package, lemon juice, and broth (or wine) to the sauteed mixture, reduce heat to medium and cook for ~5 minutes.
3) Add shrimp to the mixture and cook on medium heat just until warm. Cook angel hair noodles according to directions - they should be done about at the same time.
4) Add shrimp mixture to noodles, stir and serve! It's just that easy. :)

So, because this is my creation, I don't have any changes. :P I took this recipe from about 5 different ones on the web and only took a little bit from each, so there's not a lot to credit. I started looking for a scampii recipe that used pre-cooked shrimp, because A) it's less expensive then un-cooked shrimp, and B) it's quicker. It was actually hard to find one! But now you get to reap the benefits of all that research. Enjoy!


This evening was one of the funnest evenings I have had! Two very dear friends, Brean and I went out to see Hope Springs, with a stop at Maggie Moo's (if you've never been there, BEST ice cream ever), and a supposedly quick that turned longer trip to Meijer to pick up "a few things". The movie was good-ish. It's a slow mover, but I liked how REAL it was. The problems weren't fixed in two seconds, and I think it gave a good picture of marriage, and how people drift apart. (it does have a happy ending, for anyone who is wondering) A little heavy on the old person sex for me,  and not as comedic as I was expecting. I did enjoy it though, and it was fun talking about it over ice cream afterwards. (cinnamon ice cream with Heath bar, caramel, and chocolate flakes for me) I think my favorite part of the evening though was putzing around Meijer, with a happy hubby and goofy friends, finding all kinds of crazy jewely, neon leggings (or skinny jeans), baskets, etc. I haven't just goofed off in a store for Lord knows how long - I usually go in with a mission and stay very focused. It was fun to just be goofy and have people to be goofy with!

In other news, my scrapbooking corner (which was the entire focus of my most recent birthday) is almost set up!! It's not turning out quite like I was seeing in my mind's eye, but it is fun. Pictures will be posted on Facebook shortly I'm hoping. Hopefully spending tomorrow getting everything organized and it should be all set. Much smiles all around in this household! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment